Sunday, January 20

E.S.G.


These ladies from the South, South Bronx know what's up. Heavy percussion and simple bass-lines; put it together and you have a lo-fi early 80's sound punk-esque groove that has been used for a pant-load of funky hip hop samples. This is that hard funk that is just crazy. The most recognizable jam for me probably must be UFO. If you've listened to 2pac's Strikly for my n.i.g.g.a.z. you'll instantly recognize this *ish.

Even though I just discovered how dope they are doesn't mean that they haven't been celebrated before. Check out this video:


-moody-

Originally in the list of shared internets, the following links (from Tuttsi Fruttsy Ice Cream - which is dope) can be accessed to find out more and take a listen to E.S.G. - I'm hella helpful like that.

The E.S.G. EP

E.S.G. Come Away With me

P'zone

No comments:

Post a Comment

No skulduggery i hope.